• Login:

Welcome to the Blueprint Central Forum.

If this is your first visit on our new forum and your are unable to login, Please retrieve your password. You may have to register before you can post: click the register.

IM Advantage
+ Reply to Thread

Differences in what I see vs. Tutorials!

Why does the tutorial for, let's say "Store Setup-Getting Your Store Installed" differ from what I see in real time? It becomes very confusing and the tutorial doesn't explain everything on the screen.

Honey never deals with "Is this an Addon Domain", mainly because it is not on her screen.

Also ignored is "Is this a Shared Hosting or different path", which is on the tutorial screen, but not explained.

I have a Hostgator account and this is an Addon Domain, so I will check the box.

I would think I have to check the box for Shared Hosting, but am uncertain.

Any advice and more so, an explanation, please..

thanks everyone!

John
    Never Enough Business Consultants
    Let us help you manage your business effectively in an online environment!

When you check ‘addon domain’ another box opens. It wants the ‘hosting domain.’ Any idea what goes there?
    Last edited by jmackg54; 04-13-2012 at 10:01 AM.

I was trying to install bluecart on addon domain, but couldn't figure out how to do it.
    Honey, could you please update the install viedo, so its gonna match current installation process?

Hey John and Peter

Did you ever get a response to this or find a solution.

Dave

Nope! The tutorials make it sound so easy, but there's so much more to it and they don't go into it. If you put in a support ticket they are helpful, and in some cases they do what you need for you. That doesn't teach me how to do it; that doesn't give me the "why" we do it a certain way. I have been told by a web designer that bluecart has some neat functions, but for me its not as simple as the video's make it out to be.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jmackg54 View Post
    Why does the tutorial for, let's say "Store Setup-Getting Your Store Installed" differ from what I see in real time? It becomes very confusing and the tutorial doesn't explain everything on the screen.

Honey never deals with "Is this an Addon Domain", mainly because it is not on her screen.

Also ignored is "Is this a Shared Hosting or different path", which is on the tutorial screen, but not explained.

I have a Hostgator account and this is an Addon Domain, so I will check the box.

I would think I have to check the box for Shared Hosting, but am uncertain.

Any advice and more so, an explanation, please..

thanks everyone!

John
    OK, so clearly this hasn't been resolved.
    I prepared everything this morning in anticipation of installing BlueCart. Thought I was well equipped with the new BlueCart "manual' it really does look easy. I tried 5 times now and I can't get to the License agreement page, keeps coming up with some sort of redirect. I've put in a support ticket, so we'll see. Just wanted to comment here to resurrect the original post. Will post again when I receive a reply to my ticket.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Lisa,
    Since you probably have the weekend to mess around with your store install, you might try going into your cpanel folders and deleting all of the store files and folders and starting completely over (if you have not already tried that).
    Sometimes this works.

Paul

Thanks for the advise Paul. Bluecart is now installed.....WooHoo!
    I heard back from Qurrat, who said 'It seems the issue is because no add-on domain is configured on your hosting.'
    So I went back to Hostgator and with some help through online chat, we got it all straightened out.

"Is this an Addon Domain", - same as website domain and path (including the http as inserted in the first field)

"Is this a Shared Hosting or different path", - i used /public_html/mydomainname.com/

Then the hostgator username and auto generated password, that was than. I clicked install blue cart and up came that beautiful license agreement. A most welcome site!
    Thanks all, gotta go create my first store backup!