• Login:

Welcome to the Blueprint Central Forum.

If this is your first visit on our new forum and your are unable to login, Please retrieve your password. You may have to register before you can post: click the register.

Trae Banner
+ Reply to Thread

All My Clients non WWW links redirect back to Google

Hi guys,

I was hoping one of you intelligent people might know the answer to this one for me. I have a client and all the links that i have him ranked for (about 12 keywords) in the top 10 of google are the url without the www. When you click on these links including the home page or main url it diverts/redirects back to google.com

I have never seen this before and it baffles me. I have sent a support email to Google and am waiting for the reply. If i type in the url with the www (just the home page) it works fine but i have never ranked the site with the www ever and i have had these guys for two years. I even checked webmaster tools and its configured to have the site searched for both www and no www.

My logic tells me it could be a possible dns or some kind of server issue which this particular site is actually hosted on their own server and i have no access to that. I have emailed the client to ask the server guy if it has been updated recently and possibly the dns is not recognizing the non www anymore.

If i am missing something here can someone let me know as you SEM guys will know as i built and market the site it is always my fault.

cheers Toby

Does this occur when you just type the url in to your browser and don't go via google? If it does then I would think it would have to be something on the server causing it rather than google being the cause.

Check the redirect on the .htacesss file - perhaps someone set it up wrong.

It should be set up like this (except the other way round eg www. to non-www)

http://dense13.com/blog/2008/02/27/r...with-htaccess/

If it only happens via google I would check your settings in webmaster tools.
    ]

thanks Andrew for your feedback. I have isolated the main site and transferred it to http://www.domain/version2/ to test the site and the problem still exists, especially when you key in a non www domain like domain.com.au which will redirect back to Google. But if you key in a www url like www.domain.com.au it works very well. Now that I isolated the site you can now access both the non www url and www url

these following and these work:
    www.domain.com.au/version2/
    domain.com.au/version2

but when you key in the ff links
    www.domain.com.au - this one works
    domain.com.au - this one redirects to Google

We have made some fixes on the .htaccess file and still domain.com.au does not work and we have found a virus in the cgi folder as detected by my antivirus and others.

This is something that I can't fix as cgi is a server side issue we don't have any access to that, rest assured we have checked our site and there is 0% virus found and i am very confident that our site is clean and this problem may have been on the hosting server configuration.

There is no way for us to access the cgi folder as only the administrator who is able to configure the server and to be honest i wouldn't want to. We have tested the website many times over the Easter break and there is 100% no virus in there.I have attached what my own anti virus picks up when i try to access your site for you to also pass on. You can see in the address bar at the top of the image is not agw.com.au even though thats what i typed in so the server had redirected to that address which is a potential virus.

Sorry for the essay but i was hoping that made sense if it seems right to you or anyone else that reads this

cheers Toby

thanks Andrew for your feedback. I have isolated the main site and transferred it to http://www.domain/version2/ to test the site and the problem still exists, especially when you key in a non www domain like domain.com.au which will redirect back to Google. But if you key in a www url like www.domain.com.au it works very well. Now that I isolated the site you can now access both the non www url and www url

these following and these work:
    www.domain.com.au/version2/
    domain.com.au/version2

but when you key in the ff links
    www.domain.com.au - this one works
    domain.com.au - this one redirects to Google

We have made some fixes on the .htaccess file and still domain.com.au does not work and we have found a virus in the cgi folder as detected by my antivirus and others.

This is something that I can't fix as cgi is a server side issue we don't have any access to that, rest assured we have checked our site and there is 0% virus found and i am very confident that our site is clean and this problem may have been on the hosting server configuration.

There is no way for us to access the cgi folder as only the administrator who is able to configure the server and to be honest i wouldn't want to. We have tested the website many times over the Easter break and there is 100% no virus in there.I have attached what my own anti virus picks up when i try to access your site for you to also pass on. You can see in the address bar at the top of the image is not agw.com.au even though thats what i typed in so the server had redirected to that address which is a potential virus.

Sorry for the essay but i was hoping that made sense if it seems right to you or anyone else that reads this

cheers Toby