• Login:

Welcome to the Blueprint Central Forum.

If this is your first visit on our new forum and your are unable to login, Please retrieve your password. You may have to register before you can post: click the register.

IM Advantage
+ Reply to Thread

How can I improve my quality score for my keywords in Adwords?

I'm brand new to eCommerce and I'm currently testing a market using Adwords. I found a good site with a high page rank that didn't have an Adword campaign. Then I started pulling benefits directly from the landing page and putting them in the add. The headline and description line 1 have the same keyword, and the wording form description 1 and 2 come directly form the landing page. At first I was paraphrasing the wording and now I am copying the benefits word-for-word, but no matter what I do I can't get the keyword quality score above a 3 or a 4. It has the same keywords, and benefits what could I be doing wrong? Should I just move on?

If the campaign is brand new, you may just need to give it some time. I've seen QS come up after a campaign has been running for a few hours.

Yes. What you are doing sounds right.

Give it some time.

Sometimes it is just weird how the QS works.

I ran a test yesterday for 3 KWs.

KW1 (the main one) had a QS of 5
    KW2 (a secondary one) had a QS of 5
    KW3 (a hybrid that I altered) had a QS of 10!

But the first two KWs got the clicks.........My suggestion is ignore 'what you think you know' and go with the data that comes back to you.

LK

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses. I have the add run the Ad for over a day and the weird thing is my keyword quality has actually gotten worse with the same keywords, no changes. It went from a quality score of 3-4 to 2-3. The keyword that brought me to the site I'm testing has an organic page rank of 3, but performs the worst in Adwords at a 2. I'm going to study Google's Adwords courses to understand how it works a little better. Would it help me at all with Google, or my business if I get Adwords Certified? Also, I have also read that people get kicked off of Adwords without warning, does anyone know what I should definitely avoid doing in my campaigns so that won't happen? And any other feedback I could get would be helpful thanks.

There are any number of reasons that Google may decide to ban or suspend your Adwords account...but one thing that will get you smacked for sure is to send Adwords traffic to a site that has Adsense ads on it...never, EVER, do that. Be sure to check out the site you'll be sending traffic to to make sure they aren't monetizing with Adsense. That's why Steve recommends sending the traffic to ecommerce stores for your Adwords test. Ecommerce stores rarely use Adsense for monetization. (But check them out anyway, you can't be too careful!)

Okay, thank you. Okay, looks like I got a lot more to learn. The rabbit hole keeps getting deeper. lol