• Login:

Welcome to the Blueprint Central Forum.

If this is your first visit on our new forum and your are unable to login, Please retrieve your password. You may have to register before you can post: click the register.

Trae Banner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Social Signals for Ecommerce Discussion

Those of us with Ecommerce stores want one thing and that is to make sells.
    The question I have is how much affect does Facebook, G+ have on sales?
    I personally do not log onto Facebook but once a month and then I don't do anything.

Who goes to faceback if the want to buy a garden clock.
    If I search google for a garden clock why do they give a hoot if someone on facebook said anything.
    I have never done a search which shows facebook in the top ten.

What does social have to do with ecommere?

Will the standard link building plans work?

Is a facebook and G+ account on my ecommerce store just for show or do I need to get some likes.

If I have to use Facebook and G+ what is the simplest method?

All comments would be appreciated.

RG
    Success Leaves Clues

Rogerceo, you asked very good questions. My niche/product is also like something that I don't think people in Facebook or G+ would be interested in talking about it at all. I'm also wondering how I'm going to best use these Facebook, G+ sites for my eCommerce sit?

Here's one of Pragmites Social Seo packages
    http://www.pragmites.com/social-seo/

As you can see, they (in conjunction with Steve) recommend about 10 tweets, 10 +1's, and 10 likes - a month along with some of the 'regular' links that we all know are important.

Even if you don't have a Facebook Fan Page, or +1 business account - I think you could still go to Fiver.com (or other places) and get likes, tweets, and +1's for your site. But it probably wouldn't hurt to set up a fan page, etc. Whether people actually 'find' you through these services may not be as important than that the Big G is using these as metrics for search engine ranking.

I've only just begun this process by signing up one of my ecommerce stores with the Social Formula 3.0 plan on this page
    http://www.pragmites.com/social/
    after the first month I'm going to switch over to the Social Seo plan (from the previous link above).

Just my $0.02

Erik
    Drink kava to beat stress and anxiety. And if that doesn't work visit Hawaii and stay in my  Kauai rental! Sun, sand and ??

Google uses "social signals" heavily to determine if pages should get a boost in rankings. These include +1s, likes, tweets, links, shares and any other type of "sharing" of you content with others. Anything you can do to make this easier for people and encourage them is helpful to your overall marketing in the long run.

Krackajackfoo and Erik,

I have looked at the Pragmites package and at Fiver. Just have not done anything with them
    Erik keep us posted on what your likes look like.

My question is more about why when all I want is people to buy.

So if I am hearing you both correctly.
    Google in its underworld of crawling is seeing the likes.

I just don't see how people would share my ecom site but it may be possible. oh well

I give in and will create a facebook an G+ account
    I will set up the accounts and use Fiver to get started.

P.S. Krackajackfoo why are you getting back in the SEM business. Do you have a new strategic plan?

RG
    Success Leaves Clues

There is a long story behind the reason I got out of the SEM biz but basically I was sued over a few sites I had they were both ecommerce and affiliate. The lawsuit was a total bully suit where the company requested I take down a negative review about their product and I refused so they tried to sue me for trademark infringement for not removing images of their product... stupid b.s.

Anyway, due to that going on I had a big drop in my income plus legal expenses so I had to start a new project that was unrelated in an industry which I use to work. The marketing for that project was predominately content creation and distribution, not a lot of classic SEO. Because of this, I decided to drop all my clients and all the SEO software/services I had.

Fast forward to now and the project is complete and has replaced the income I'm missing out on while the lawsuit drags on. I am now preparing to re-launch the ecommerce site and start doing SEO for it - which means I might as well start doing it for others again as well.

I'll keep you posted on the Social SEO work Pragmites does - I'm interested to see what the Facebook Fan page will look like.

For those of you that have paid for likes/tweets/+1's on Fiver - what specifically should I ask for? Obviously I don't want 10 Likes from the same person/account.

Thanks for your help,

Erik
    Drink kava to beat stress and anxiety. And if that doesn't work visit Hawaii and stay in my  Kauai rental! Sun, sand and ??

You can't give more than 1 like to the same site from one account, so if you will ask the same person at fiver for more likes it will definitely be from different accounts.

How will i connect my FB fan page with my store to get likes? Or is it two different separately working things? At the facebook module in my store there is Facebook ID number, the number was there from the beginning, what is that ID number? Where is that number from?

EDIT:

I have googled it out, for anyone who don't know how to do it, keep reading...

You have to create fan page than go to Edit page and your fan page ID is at the end of the url you just have visited, copy that and paste it into FB module.
    Last edited by Peter P; 04-02-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks everyone,
    Success Leaves Clues