• Login:

Welcome to the Blueprint Central Forum.

If this is your first visit on our new forum and your are unable to login, Please retrieve your password. You may have to register before you can post: click the register.

IM Advantage
+ Reply to Thread

Google and Deindexing of blogs

So during this recent attack google has been doing on blogs and blog networks I had some blogs deindexed as well. I was just going to forget about them and take them down permanently but decide to experiment with them. I moved them to another hosting account, changed name servers, installed the same content and themes but changed a few settings on the blogs. I changed how many posts showed on the homepage to various amounts and also added some more authority site links plus also some nofollow links too and today I am starting to see reindexing of the blogs. The ones that were deindexed first are the ones I am seeing back so far in google's index. I am very happy about this as they were high PR blogs of PR 4 and 5. I was prepared to change registars if moving the blogs did not work but it is looking like I do not have to do that.

Just thought I would share that there is hope after being deindexed.

Dwayne

Oh, plus I have had two letters from google for un natural links but these sites are still ranking #1 for their main keywords and this has been for two weeks now. I guess google was hoping I would answer their letter but I just left it unanswered.

Hi

Its gr8 to know you got your blogs re-indexed by Big G.I was losing all hopes to launch a private blog network of mine when I heard Google started slapping blog networks.Anyways I m going to launch my blog network on April 9th absolutely free for basic membership.I will be starting with 20 blogs or so initially.Meanwhile I have asked my web developers to make changes to my website in order to make it Google friendly.No spammy articles,No unnatural backlinks.I will dedicate the network only for natural and serious bloggers.Lets see if Google punishes real bloggers or not

Thanks
    Mban

As I mentioned in another post, none of my blogs have been de-indexed. I think there are a few reasons why this hasn't affected me:

1) Each of my blog is topically themed, using WPROBOT and select keywords.
    2) I only rarely post an off-topic blog post
    3) WPRobot create posts with videos, images, and different formatting
    4) I never include more than 2 links in a post
    5) I've constantly dripped links to sites to maintain PR and a link profile
    6) My blogs use various themes
    7) I Robots Deny access to plugins and other directories

Obviously Google is going after blog networks that are allowing people to post random articles for the links. My blog farm doesn't resemble those at all as it is mostly private for my own use and WPRobot keeps 95% of the content relevant to the site's theme.

Hope that helps!

Were they money sites or part of a blog network?

Quote Originally Posted by panthary View Post
    Were they money sites or part of a blog network?
    Deindexed sites were blog network blogs.

But you can imagine what this did to rankings of sites that heavily used the blog networks!

SEO Brain trust have a webinar on this tommorrow night where they are apparently going to go over a couple of ways to get re-indexed. It is probably worth checking out for anyone who has lost their blogs.

Andrew
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    Deindexed sites were blog network blogs.
    Sounds like there was some sort of algorithmic classifier that they used, you removed the trigger, so they removed the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    So during this recent attack google has been doing on blogs and blog networks I had some blogs deindexed as well. I was just going to forget about them and take them down permanently but decide to experiment with them. I moved them to another hosting account, changed name servers, installed the same content and themes but changed a few settings on the blogs. I changed how many posts showed on the homepage to various amounts and also added some more authority site links plus also some nofollow links too and today I am starting to see reindexing of the blogs. The ones that were deindexed first are the ones I am seeing back so far in google's index. I am very happy about this as they were high PR blogs of PR 4 and 5. I was prepared to change registars if moving the blogs did not work but it is looking like I do not have to do that.

Just thought I would share that there is hope after being deindexed.

Dwayne

Oh, plus I have had two letters from google for un natural links but these sites are still ranking #1 for their main keywords and this has been for two weeks now. I guess google was hoping I would answer their letter but I just left it unanswered.
    I would have told them to P.. off really This has been the worst month of my life financially, not only been made redundant at work now off the face of this google earth