Over the past few months I've used several Filipinos to help me with SEO tasks and might I add it was a real nightmare. When these outsourcers list their "skills" on places such as bestjobs they tend to overestimate their capabilities.
As you all know, with most SEO tasks it's important that an outsourcer have an acceptable command of English. Unfortunately most of them lie about how good their English is. I usually ask them to send me samples of their work before we employ them and in most cases the sample work is very good.
However, when they start working for you the content they produce does not match the quality of the samples they sent you. To summarize here are some of the problems I have experienced with outsourcers:
- they work for more than 1 employer full time...in other words you pay for 8 hours and they only work 4 hours
- some even only work 1-2 hrs/day and always have excuses about power outages/computer problems/family members are sick etc...
- if they write their own articles it does not make sense and it is full of grammar and spelling mistakes...i have a feeling they use
- they use plagiarized material (copyscape usually confirms this)
- if you ask them to manually spin articles, they auto spun the stuff and try to get away with it
- you have to give them a lot of training
- if you tell them to up their performance they just disappear
- some want to borrow money etc..
- and the list goes on an on
Over the past few months I personally hired and fired 9 outsourcers. Just imagine all the time that you waste because every time you must interview and train employees and get rid of them if performance is poor... then and start all over again.
Just to be fair I did find one guy that is really doing a good job for us, but it is very difficult to find people that you can rely on. So, maybe I'm not the only one that was struggling with this...perhaps there are others too?
I actually found a solution to this problem that was right under my nose. That made me think that perhaps I can help others overcome similar problems.
Please note that my objective is not to sell anything (because there is nothing to buy)...but to gauge interest in a possible solution to outsourcing some of your SEO stuff.
Would you guys be interested in a service where you can employ full-time employees to work for you...and best of all they speak/write perfect English? You can use them as personal assistants or let them do all the SEO grunt work for you? Would you be interested if you can find this type of employee for between $300 - $600 per month?
I would love to get your feedback on this...