• Login:

Welcome to the Blueprint Central Forum.

If this is your first visit on our new forum and your are unable to login, Please retrieve your password. You may have to register before you can post: click the register.

Trae Banner
+ Reply to Thread

software e-commerce

Does anyone here sell software or tried it before? And if not, what do you think about it?

I think that it's probably not a bad idea after all. However, there are many variables involved. If you pretend to sell software with your brand on it as if it's your product you must have a support desk. If you act as a retailer I'm not sure margins are so high but I'm sure you've already evaluated this aspect. With software you don't have to deal with returns but only with refunds, and this is an advantage over physical products.

Well, i just found one software that has 45K searches per month and it has keyword difficulty mark 50 and CPC is $22 so there must be crazy sales, but i don't know about margins, i would have to find that out with software creators, but i would say there is no point to do adwords test as this kind of CPC says it all.

It sounds all good as it would be cheep to ship, hard to get damaged during shipping and price is pretty high as well, so i would like to hear what Steve got to say about it.

If you brand it, you are going to have to support it.

That will be the killer imho, you are gonna spend a LOT of time dealing with people who don't know the first thing about computers, setting up sites etc etc.

Find an affiliate scheme (there's loads in that market) then find some long tail low hanging fruit to go for.

I think that would be a lot less pain in the long run.

The margins are high in that game for one reason........................... users

Just a thought.