• Login:

Welcome to the Blueprint Central Forum.

If this is your first visit on our new forum and your are unable to login, Please retrieve your password. You may have to register before you can post: click the register.

Trae Banner
+ Reply to Thread

Blog Blueprint & Article Blueprint Pages

Curious,

What are the PR's of the private directory in article blueprint? Do they get indexed or should it be expected that google will index those bad boys. Google is pretty good about indexing so you don't need to answer the latter.

For blog blueprint, are those PR's still 3 and changed once they ever get reduced by google?

PR 3 and PR 4 on the homepage is the general rule and yes as blogs lose PR they are replaced / retired.

Hope that helps.

They get reduced (and go up too! amazingly...we just had over 20 domains in AB/BB etc go back UP)..and get de-indexed, then we replace them...then they come back...it's all ongoing!

What are a few of the reasons google will index a site? And how can we do a better job at getting our site and back links indexed? Just keep building links? Also, it doesn't matter if your back linking for only your subdomain (i.e. www.widgets.com/oh-yeah) and not the main domain. Eventually that subdomain should gain traction in the rankings even if the main domain doesn't have a crap load of links to it, correct.

@Justin - As long as there is some links flowing into that section of the website either from your site (from pages you have indexed) or other indexed websites. The links from a xml site map will not do it on its own as it does not pass PR they need to be normal links. The page should get indexed once it has enough PR.

Simply linking to your backlinks should help them be included in the SERPs. Use an indexer for this. Some people argue that this is not necessarily. But I think it is if the page is low quality or doesn't have enough PR - links from pages that are not indexed don't count. So you need to get them indexed to get the SEO benifit.

With BB and AB you can do this because you don't know where the links are. But you can pull a list of links to your site and put them through an indexer to try and make them stick longer term.
    ]

Another question. Saying if you're back linking for one particular url, does it make sense to us BB and AB regularly for that one? I guess my thinking was having several back links from the same urls wasn't as valuable (unless you have unique content posted to each of those blogs/directories).

I know these are little things I know, but I just need a little confirmation and clarity on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Another question. Saying if you're back linking for one particular url, does it make sense to us BB and AB regularly for that one? I guess my thinking was having several back links from the same urls wasn't as valuable (unless you have unique content posted to each of those blogs/directories).

I know these are little things I know, but I just need a little confirmation and clarity on this.
    Remember the sites in AB and BB get rotated out very regularly, so over time you are making submissions to different sites, not the same ones over and over.

Hope that helps

I just noticed today that 2 of my old link domains are re-indexed... weird.
    SEO is life