• Login:

Welcome to the Blueprint Central Forum.

If this is your first visit on our new forum and your are unable to login, Please retrieve your password. You may have to register before you can post: click the register.

Trae Banner
+ Reply to Thread

where to start with local SEO...

just started with local SEO and is it better to:

1) use local seo directories only to submit my clients business information
    2) optimize the customers site with onsite seo techniques
    3) optimize a 3rd party site that I developed to drive traffic to my customers site(like affiliate marketing)

it seems that most people just use directory service packages and that does most of the job needed.

if anybody else has an opinion please comment. thanks.

I would use an outsource company that really knows how to do SEO...like pragmites.

I use pragmities - they work well for me.

I would say the key things are for your local SEO profiles are:

1. Profile optimisation - use target keywords in the profile as much as reasonably possible.
    2. Citations - links to your site from pages that include your address coded in schema. Typically people do this by signing upto directory sites.
    3. Reviews on the profile including the target keyword in them. From different IP addresses.

If it is just localised traffic you want to the clients site then its just a case of ranking the clients site in the SERPs for a keyword that includes a local location in it in. This would just be normal SEO with appropiate keyword choice.
    ]

Thanks for the info. So what you are saying is if I were to only promote local SEO I should 1st optimize the directory sites that are geared towards local SEO for my client, 2nd optimize the customers site with on page SEO, and maybe 3rd research and create a totally separate review site that further enhances my clients exposure to page rankings within mobile and local search. If I am on the right path pleas let me know. Thanks, Marc.

By the way are the web links at the bottom of your post your site?

Thanks Steve for the info. But If I wanted to just promote local SEO for clients can I hire pragmites and have it look like I am doing the work and bill the client from my company? And do the also specialize in local SEO? Thanks, Marc.

You can hire Pragmites to do the local SEO & bill the client from your company.
    Pragmites will do all the work, provide you with monthly stats, which you can then send to the client.

The only way to build up your client base is NOT to do the work yourself, outsource it all.
    You should though, have the knowledge on what it takes to rank & keep up with the constant changes in the world of SEO.

Hi - Yes it is my site.

You can add building links to the citation pages, your site and your optimised video pages.
    ]