• Login:

Welcome to the Blueprint Central Forum.

If this is your first visit on our new forum and your are unable to login, Please retrieve your password. You may have to register before you can post: click the register.

IM Advantage
+ Reply to Thread

Domain vs Sub-Domain

Greetings everyone!

New guy on the block here... been trying to start something in IM off and on for a couple years and I think I've finally found the place, people and tools that will help me be successful. Great education so far. MUCH more to learn.

I'm actually trying this question a second time.
    I posted this under the "general discussion" forum and, even tho there were lots of views, no replies.
    Guess I have to learn where the right place is to ask questions. Give me time, I'll figure it out!

Anyway, I have a couple domains that are almost two years old: (BEST-BONUS-OFFER.COM & BEST-BONUS-OFFER.INFO).

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to creating sites using sub-domains of these domains for either e-Com or affiliate sites (or both)? I plan on offering some kind of bonus to customers on any sales so the domain names would seem to be great fits for any type of site... just not sure about the sub-domain use as it relates to meeting the age recommendations.

I did find one post that kinda hints that the domain age doesn't carry to the sub-domain when google sees it. Can anyone confirm this?

Hope this is the place for this question... if not, any suggestions where to post it?

Thanks for your help and knowledge
    Bill Ellison

Progress is made... one step at a time

I generally tend to avoid sub-domains, because they just look messy and I don't see any advantage, what-so-ever.

Google treats Sub-domains similarly to new domains, so you will lose the domain age. Also, you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket. Spread income out over multiple domains as it's much safer.

Thanks for the info.

I was kinda leaning in that direction, but needed someone to tell me what I suspected was correct.

On to Godaddy Auctions!

Thanks again.
    Bill Ellison

Progress is made... one step at a time

Hmmm, not sure if I agree with this move. Google is now looking for stronger domains with more content. When you have think content on the domain, it becomes weak in google's eyes. Check Out CBE. It lays it all out. You can also go to google/youtube and type in seo silo structure. Maybe you try both (seo for the main domain and seo for sub niches and see what happens).

Just to let folks know, I had a domain that I was trying to rank for a keyword a while back. It ranked well but then I stopped my campaign. Since it fell off the serps, I started back up again but for a different keyword and a subdomain. Results, the original keyword for main domain is now ranking below 40 and is rising. So subdomain does in fact impact main domain (even for keywords you're not touching or optimizing for).