PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Create Your My Client Center Account *NOW*

SeanBissell
06-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey everyone,

Very important info that could save some heartache/trouble.

If you ever want to be a Qualified Adwords Professional you need to create a My Client Center account and link your personal Adwords account to it ASAP.

Why?

Because the Adwords "software" only starts tracking the money you spend with Adwords and the time you've been managing an account once you open a My Client Center account and *link* your account to it.

If (like me) you wanted to manage a bunch of Adwords spend over 90 days and then open a My Client Center account and take your test...

Well... then you may be waiting another 90 days after that too to qualify.

Because the counter starts at Zero once you open your account. Zero dollars, and Zero time. (And you need 90 days of management + $1,000 in managed ad spend to qualify... not counting passing the test.)

I have support working on trying to make an exception for my account. But no guarantees...

Save yourself the time, effort, hassle, etc.

If you ever see yourself wanting to take the AdWords Qualified Professional test, sign up for your My Client Center account *today* and link your personal account to it.

You'll thank me later,
-Sean

John Kitchens
06-30-2009, 03:22 PM
I am sorry for your troubles Sean. Thank you for posting so that other folks may not have to go through the same thing.

John Kitchens

rdouglass
06-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, great tip.

I set mine up about a year ago out of ignorance and not because I had any foresight. I thought I could get 'wholsale' pricing so I signed. ;D

edburdo
06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Good tip. I think I'll start mine this weekend (I don't currently do much PPC, but I have some new campaigns to start soon).